1. Types of Information We Collect
1.1 Information You Provide to Us. We receive and store information you enter on our Site or Service or otherwise provide to us, including information that is generated by your activities on our Site or though our Service.
- We collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, email address, password, and age information when you create an account ("Account") on our Service. To register for the Service, you may be asked to provide payment information, such as credit card details. We may also collect demographic information about you.
- We will collect the following personal information from you about your children who use the service: the child's first and last name, gender, race/ethnicity, and grade information.
- If you provide us the email addresses of your friends/family for emails about your child's progress on the Service, we will collect that data.
1.2 Information Collected Through Technology. We collect information from users of the Site or Service, directly and indirectly. Like most Internet services, we automatically gather certain information and store it in log files each time someone visits our Site or uses our Service.
- Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) automatically collect information from users who visit our Site, such as browser type and version, operating system, platform, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to computers using the Internet), domain name, and a date/time stamp for visits.
- We collect information about users who access or use the Service, such as IP address, date/time stamp visits, and activities performed on the Service.
1.3 Google Analytics. We currently use Google Analytics. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. Google Analytics uses its own cookie and/or other software tools to track visitor interactions. Smarty Ants can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with our website so we can improve our website and how people find it. We are not responsible for the activities of Google Analytics. Please see the following links for more information about Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/privacy.html and http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html.
1.4 Service Information. When a child or anyone plays a game or uses other features of our Service, we may collect the following information from the user: ant's name, dog's name, ant's friends' names, virtual outfits selected, and the reading level information about the user. Our servers also collect the following information: a child's progress in the game and game modules selected in the program.
1.5 School Provided Information. We will collect the following personal information from schools about students who use the service: the student's first and last name, student ID number, gender, race/ethnicity, grade information and parent/guardian's email address.
2. Use of Personal Information We Receive. In general, personal information submitted to us is used to provide users with a customized experience, aid us in serving educators and users better, and to respond to requests. We use your personal information to:
- Facilitate the creation and security of Accounts on our network.
- Identify users in our system.
- Provide our Service.
- Analyze request and usage patterns, diagnose problems with our server and administer our Site and Service.
- Improve the quality of experience of users of our Site or Service.
- Provide a personalized experience for users of our Site or Service.
- Send administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories.
- Respond to inquiries and requests.
- Send communications about our products and services and also third party products and services we believe may be of interest to you, such as new features and services, special offers, and updated information, and for our other marketing purposes.
- For personal information collected through schools, we will use such personal information for the benefit of the school and no other commercial purpose.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information. Except as described below, we do not share personal information with third parties:
- We may share personal information with your consent.
- We may share personal information with third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail or e-mail, analyzing data, performing quality assurance, providing technical support, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, verifying identity, fraud screening and providing customer service. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personal information they obtain from us.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our company or our assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share de-identified information with third parties, including aggregate data that we create from personal information.
- We may disclose personal information to: (1) comply with the law, any lawful request, or any legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of our company, employees, agents, users, and others; (3) act in an emergency, including to protect someone's safety; or (4) investigate any violation or potential violation of the law, agreements, policies, or terms.
- For personal information collected from schools, we may share such personal information with the school and anyone the school may authorize.
4. Choices Re: Your Personal Information. When you receive promotional communications from us, you may "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive, by changing your settings in your Account settings, or by contacting us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails. Non-promotional emails include emails about your Account and our business dealings with you. You may access and change certain of your personal information by logging into your Account. You may also send requests about your personal information including request to opt-out of our sharing of your personal information with others by contacting us via email or postal mail at the addresses below.
5. Choices re: Children's personal information. We provide authorized adults the following choices regarding children's personal information. Authorized adults may access, change, and delete a child's personal information as described in above. To access, change or delete information collected by schools in connection with Site or Service which cannot be accessed, changed or deleted as described above, please contact the school directly. Authorized adults may consent to our internal use of children's personal information, but request that we refrain from sharing a child's personal information with third parties by sending us an e-mail or postal mail at the address below, provided that we may still share your child's personal information as described in the sharing section above. Authorized adults may prohibit future collection or use of a child's personal information by requesting termination of the applicable Account. We do not condition a child's participation in an activity on a child providing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity (which is currently no personal information collected directly from a child).
6. Security. We use reasonable security measures to help protect against loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Although we will exercise reasonable care in protecting your personal information, no company can fully prevent security risks and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Smarty Ants, Inc.
4040 Civic Center Dr.
San Rafael, CA 94903